• Welcome to XF2 Addons. All the XF2 addons located in the Resources area are available for download once you upgrade your account to Premium membership. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Premium membership costs only $25.00 USD a year. Once the year has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

Add-on Suggestion: Alert admin if a link is added to an existing post by a new member

Sushubh

Just throwing it out there. I recently got a spammer who did a bunch of regular posts. And added spam link to one of the post by editing it at a later stage. Only caught it by accident.
So just curious if an addon that alerts the admins/mods about edits (if possible when a link is added) made by a new member (with x number of posts) to his content just like an existing addon sends the content for first post by new members.
I assume this could be tackled by blocking link postings for new members? I assume this feature already is part of XenForo code. Probably would require creation of a new usergroup? Thanks.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
It might generate a lot of emails, consider that a post might be edited several times.

I think the best way to combat this is to make sure you don't allow editing of posts for a long period, perhaps allow editing a post for a few hours at most.