Andy, you don't have XFMG here. Do you work with it much? At all?

TerryP

I was playing with an editorthe other day and found out it didn't work well with XFMG. While reading over your option to automatically place attachments inside a post the thought crossed my mind of an option to do the same with an embedded video going to a member's gallery.

IE: I paste the url of a video from YouTube, it is automatically embedded and I can choose to place it in my gallery as well.

Idle minds...

Andy

Administrator
I have never been a fan of any gallery add-ons. I think it's better to have members post images to threads. My reasoning is that it's easier for members to create a thread and attach images, they are more inclined to describe each picture and other members are more inclined to make replies. The overall effect is that threads become richer in content and value, this is very important for SEO.

TerryP

You're looking at this from the other end, Andy. I'm suggesting that the option of having a video or image automatically uploaded to the MG from the post. I'm not suggesting it work from MG to post.

I have seen many instances where members refer to a video in discussions. They end up having to go find it again on youtube, insta, etc. Same with things like attachments where they've captured statistics or something akin.

My thought was IF these were automatically uploaded to the gallery and a month from now Joe Member thinks of a video he posted ... he'd be able to go back into his gallery and pull the same.

As often as I see games referred back to during the off-season having this option would be a great addition to my site.

Andy

Administrator
Members who wish to find an image do so in various ways, often they will use the search to find the post it was in, copy the image and post it again. This works very well. I think having all the images in threads/posts is a better way to go, less confusing in my opinion.