Banner 2.2 Add-on — possible iOS bug

gerryvz

Hi Andy,

Looks like there may be a small banner display bug on iOS browsers. It does not seem to be appearing in desktop browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Safari on desktop).

I have my banner images set to display randomly only in the forum header position. Nothing as banners above or below forums.

it has always worked fine on all platforms and browsers until 2.2.

Here is the display on my iPad:
BC8F6D86-3362-4EC8-80BE-C4EF5530D666.png

you see the space where the banner should be, and the actual incorrect display below the menu bar.

Here is same from my iPhone in both orientations:
2B2A5F7D-1C3B-4972-8A13-6886D039FC22.png

F83B48E8-BB37-4BDB-850F-8F8E88F6E967.png

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gerry,

When I check your site I can see the banner in the header display in Firefox and iOS safari.

gerryvz

Yeah, there is just a large blank space where the banner should be displayed on the iOS variants. The desktop browsers are fine, and the banner is in the correct position. Weird.

Otherwise it seems to be fine.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gerry,

I think I now understand the issue. In the latest version of Banner v2.2, I fixed the responsive regarding the header banner, it now will put the header banner(s) above the forum list block. In Banner v2.1 it was not working correctly in responsive it would hide the header banner in responsive.

The Banner add-on is designed to show banner(s) in the header on the right. You are not using the Banner add-on for which it was designed. I suggest going back to a single logo, perhaps use this add-on as it works very nicely:

https://www.xf2addons.com/resources/logo-text.577/