Change date suggestion


ToyBoxOrphan

New Member
I just installed Change date and it works perfectly for what we need. It would be really handy if there was a button or something you could press that it would automatically enter the current date and time though. Is this something that is even possible?

Also, I just wanted to say that we have 6 of your add-ons installed and I really don't know what we'd do without them. Thank you for all the work you put into this! :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: RC

RC

Well-Known Member
I would use such a function. 99.9% of the time I use this add-on I'm using it to change it to the current date/time.
 

RC

Well-Known Member
Primarily for imported RSS importer posts which I edit, then move to the forum, and want them to show up as posts as of the time they were moved (from a hidden admin forum) to a public forum. Also, we have several content posts we'll spend several hours/days working on before moving them to the public forum. This is what change date is used for 95%+ of the time. The other 5% is when I want to change such a post to be the thread starter of an existing thread (e.g. I write an article on our blog about something someone posted on the forum, and want my post to be the thread starter with a link to that article).
 

ToyBoxOrphan

New Member
Primarily for imported RSS importer posts which I edit, then move to the forum, and want them to show up as posts as of the time they were moved (from a hidden admin forum) to a public forum. Also, we have several content posts we'll spend several hours/days working on before moving them to the public forum. This is what change date is used for 95%+ of the time.
Yup, this is exactly how we use it as well. On top of wanting content to look fresh, if members use "mark forums read" that marks threads from forums they don't even have access to as read also. If you move an RSS post from yesterday into the public forum today, everyone who marked read will not see it as a new thread. Thanks for taking on the suggestion, @Andy.
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Change the forum date from AC to Solar date General 1
M Change Date on Articles? General 4
carlos88 Addon idea: Change joined date General 5
Andy Change username XenForo Configuration 3
Andy How to change header to background image XenForo Configuration 3
Andy Change: post_max_size - upload_max_filesize - memory_limit Server Configuation 2
vwts Change thread number General 3
R Suggestion: Ability to Change default sort for XFRM General 6
A Change default settings from statistics General 4
A Addon idea: automatic prefix change General 6
T Change title tag of forum categories? General 11
S Possible feature request about Change author add-on General 5
Andy How to change forum icons General 2
T Change author notification General 24
S Change author: Latest Activity does not reflect the change of author General 3
Andy How to change or add Calendar holidays? General 0
N Change Limit Error General 1
C Media: views and date added General 0
Mellow Auto Close Thread (using start date)? General 3
RoffDaniel Date and Time General 7
S Suggestion for Auto Move (what I need) General 1
B Suggestion for First post email General 1
S Suggestion: More RM statistics General 3
Tourmeister Suggestion for "Thread poster review" General 1
M [suggestion] conversation search plus General 5
X Suggestion new Add-on to Send Email General 0
X [suggestion] Ad manager 1.4 General 4
Robru [suggestion] add-ons for XF2.1 General 1
X Suggestion Add Template to threads General 0
N [Suggestion] Tag manager (in ACP) General 5
X new suggestion for a new add-on General 6
X suggestion for New content limit 1.2 General 4
X Suggestion for an addon General 8
Mellow Suggestion for RSVP General 9
A Suggestion Weekly digest General 3
Mellow Suggestion for Calendar General 2
N Suggestion for duplicate user add-on General 1
A Suggestion for an addon General 6
Dave Stromberger [Suggestion] Fix ALL CAPS posts General 3
BassMan [Calendar][suggestion] Today button General 2
kensonplays [Suggestion] Calendar/Countdown Sync General 10
BassMan [suggestion] Bookmark General 0
A [Suggestion] Featured posts add-on, maximum height General 5
S Add-on Suggestion: Alert admin if a link is added to an existing post by a new member General 1
BassMan [suggestion] Email Subscription General 1
S Suggestion: Time Limit On Editting Thread Titles General 5
BassMan [suggestion] Periodically sending confirmation emails General 16
M Suggestion for Forum Moderators Resource General 1
T Suggestion: Most users online General 3
E Suggestion: Trader: add trader profile to "Message user info elements" General 10

Similar threads

Top