Change title tag of forum categories?

Tommy

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to have a custom title tag for forum view?

For example: this forum https://www.xf2addons.com/forums/main-forum.2/ , its title tag is Main Forum | XF2 addons

I want to have a custom input where I can put a custom text like XF2 addons discussions and it will be used as <Title> tag on the font page.

How to do this? Does it require a custom code or a mod?

Thanks

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
The forum title, breadcrumb and tab name will all be the same. It would take an add-on to make them different.

Tommy

The forum title, breadcrumb and tab name will all be the same. It would take an add-on to make them different.

Can Andy do this mod?

It is important for my forum because on my forum, title tag is just having a word and it is very short and could not explain full meaning of a forum category.

Tommy

Why not make the title of the forum more descriptive?
It is too long if I want to explain all in one or two words
Also, if I can make custom title tags for forum categories then it also is better for search engines.

If you can do functions like this for members subscribed here then it is reason why I would check this forum daily for new info and useful addons.

Tommy

What is your forum URL?
For any reasons I would not share it at this time because it is still being developed.

But here is a screenshot where its title tag is too short and I'm wanting to improve it.

forumtitle.jpg

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
There really isn't any room for improvement here. Tabs have a very limited space. Normally you will have the node name and board title in the tab.

Example:

Sony | XF2 Addons

Tommy

There really isn't any room for improvement here. Tabs have a very limited space. Normally you will have the node name and board title in the tab.

I know but it will help more for XF. I ignored 80% of Mods on XF because it is not necessary or help to improve forums better.

Sony | XF2 Addons

I removed | XF2 Addons because it doesn't help for forum categories.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest having the board title because it's very important part of the tab information. When you have a bunch of tabs open you need to know which site each one goes to.

Tommy

I suggest having the board title because it's very important part of the tab information. When you have a bunch of tabs open you need to know which site each one goes to.
I have many forums and removed | board title on title of all forum categories, just keeping it for homepage.