• Welcome to XF2 Addons

You can purchase a Premium membership for only $35 per year, and this gives you access to download any or ALL of the over 400 add-ons developed for Xenforo 2.x. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Once the Premium membership has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

Comparisons between cPanel, DirectAdmin and Plesk

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
cPanel

Pros: Has an easy to use File manager
Pros: Has file manager trash folder
Pros: One click to access phpMyAdmin
Pros: Has email deliverability function

DirectAdmin

Cons: Creates a very confusing private_html folder and uses that as the DOCUMENT_ROOT
Cons: File manager very difficult to use
Cons: Has no file manager trash folder
Cons: Requires many clicks to access phpMyAdmin
Cons: Has no email deliverability function

Plesk

Pros: Has an easy to use File manager
Cons: Has no file manager trash folder
Cons: Requires many clicks to access phpMyAdmin
Cons: Has no email deliverability function

tommyxv

I'm still with cPanel after the crazy price hike tier system.

My problem is that they should allow the $15 single domain license on a dedicated. I can use the add-on domains feature to add my 3 smaller sites. Right now I have to pay $45 per month for a license that allows up to 500 accounts. The restriction and license progression makes no sense.

tommyxv

Plesk con:

Owned by the group that owns cPanel. I suspect Plesk will follow in the footsteps of cPanel, or support/updates will take a back seat to force people to cPanel.

Arizona

The worst thing about Plesk is the worthless migration tool to go from cPanel to Plesk.

Plesk should just stop providing it since all it does is provide false hope.

After so many errors, I threw my hands up and ran back to cPanel regardless of cost.