• Welcome to XF2 Addons. You can buy my Premium membership for $35 per year, and this gives you access to download any or ALL of the 300 add-ons that I have developed for Xenforo 2.x. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Once the Premium membership has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

Disable quote on reply XF2

pilou

Can someone explain how to disable automatically quoting a post when someone clicks the reply button within that post? I think it causes confusion and unnecessary endless quoting. There's already a quote button right next to it by default so there's no reason for them to do essentially the same thing. Just adds clutter too. The highlight text/quote reply is nicer anyway.

Thanks.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest disabling the "Enable multi-quote" function.

Settings -> Options -> Messages -> Enable multi-quote

pilou

No, it is not that.
when a member responds to a subject this one is directly quoted, I would like to prevent that in response the message is not quoted

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
What if the thread has several posting, wouldn't it become confusing to as to which post the new post is replying to?

pilou

170ac5532770eeec09976c0733b3eef4.png

when i click on answer it puts me the message.
his I do not want, I would like that when we click on answer it goes directly to the empty answer box

pilou

template: post_macros

Code:
<a href="{$quoteLink}"
                                                    class="actionBar-action actionBar-action--reply"
                                                    title="{{ phrase('reply_quoting_this_message') }}"
                                                    data-xf-click="quote"
                                                    data-quote-href="{{ link('posts/quote', $post) }}">{{ phrase('reply') }}</a>
can code be changed?

pilou

for example:
I create a post with links that I hide to the member and that I want that answers to see is hidden link, its would avoid that it copies each time the post to answer its fill too much and its less beautiful.

where do I want to know how to remove the quote from the post

pilou

impossible to delete the quote then?
just be able to have the answer button and that will be redirected to the answer box

Russ

I would suggest a permutation to this suggestion:

Do not quote when replying to the last post in a thread, in which case it is clear you are replying to the post above, and the quote is redundant. Personally, I don't quote replies unless I'm replying to a previous post, and even then, often times I will just @ mention the person I am replying to.