• Welcome to XF2 Addons. All the XF2 addons located in the Resources area are available for download once you upgrade your account to Premium membership. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Premium membership costs only $25.00 USD a year. Once the year has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

ImageMagick PECL Extensions on Godaddy

Hi Andy

I see this forum is on Godaddys hosting...
what did you have to do to get ImageMagick PECL Extensions on Godaddy so Convert Image will work?

Thanks
Sam

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
GoDaddy includes Imagick PECL so nothing needs to be done. I think GoDaddy is an excellent web host.

It's not install on their VPS WHM servers...

They have a section for "Module Installers"

How to install

Go to WHM -> Software -> Module Installers -> PHP Pecl (manage). On the box below “Install a PHP Pecl” enter “imagick” and click “Install Now” button – that's all. Restart Apache.

After the installation, check that it is installed again and it should state the version.

It does not install....
I called godaddy, and they said that they do not support it....

failed message below:

configure: WARNING: You will need re2c 0.13.4 or later if you want to regenerate PHP parsers.
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable the imagick extension... yes, shared
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking ImageMagick MagickWand API configuration program... checking Testing /usr/local/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
checking Testing /usr/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
checking Testing /usr/sbin/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
checking Testing /opt/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
checking Testing /opt/local/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
configure: error: not found. Please provide a path to MagickWand-config or Wand-config program.
ERROR: `/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/var/tmp/php-pear/imagick/configure --with-php-config=/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/bin/php-config --with-imagick' failed

Russ

Go to WHM -> Software -> Module Installers -> PHP Pecl (manage). On the box below “Install a PHP Pecl” enter “imagick” and click “Install Now” button – that's all. Restart Apache.
This is exactly how I (successfully) installed Imagick on my Godaddy VPS server with managed CentOS 6 image.

This is exactly how I (successfully) installed Imagick on my Godaddy VPS server with managed CentOS 6 image.
Did you get any of the error messages?
Thanks
Sam

configure: WARNING: You will need re2c 0.13.4 or later if you want to regenerate PHP parsers.
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable the imagick extension... yes, shared
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking ImageMagick MagickWand API configuration program... checking Testing /usr/local/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
checking Testing /usr/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
checking Testing /usr/sbin/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
checking Testing /opt/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
checking Testing /opt/local/bin/MagickWand-config... Doesn't exist
configure: error: not found. Please provide a path to MagickWand-config or Wand-config program.
ERROR: `/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/var/tmp/php-pear/imagick/configure --with-php-config=/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/bin/php-config --with-imagick' failed