Keyword Check - for users?

Knobby

Hi Andy,

Would it be possible to use (or modify) the Keyword Check addon to notify forum users of new posts containing keywords of their choosing?

I know there was an addon to do this for an earlier version of Xenforo, but there doesn't seem to be anything available (from a reliable source) for v2.

Cheers,

Knobby

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Would it be possible to use (or modify) the Keyword Check addon to notify forum users of new posts containing keywords of their choosing?
Hi Knobby,

So that I can better understand your question. I assume you have one particular member who can use this, what key words would be used?

Knobby

I was thinking it could be a facility for anyone on the forum to use so they didn't miss posts about things which may interest them. For my forum it could be things like accordion makes (Hohner, Pigini, Scandalli, etc.), music styles, - pretty much anything really.
It appear that your current Keyword Check does exactly this but only sends the result to the admins and the keywords are set up in the admin panel. I was thinking that the selection of keywords could be added by the user in their account profile somehow.
I hope this makes sense.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for clearly explaining your idea. In my experience this sort of function which requires a the member to make settings is something that would rarely if ever be used. Members just don't care to make the effort.

Knobby

I've had a few enquiries lately about this kind of facility - one member even offered to pay for the addon if their was one available!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I think members that are likely to ask for such a function are already checking for New posts on a regular basis, which is still a better way to find posts which are of interest.