• Welcome to XF2 Addons. You can buy my Premium membership for $35 per year, and this gives you access to download any or ALL of the 275+ add-ons that I have developed for Xenforo 2.x. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Once the Premium membership has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

Linux df command

Andy

Administrator
The linux df command is very useful to determine disk space on your dedicated server.

df -h

This will give you a result like this:

1578514555636.png

In this dedicated server there are two drives. The main drive has 909G with 181G being used.

Andy

Administrator
lsblk lists information about all or the specified block devices. The lsblk command reads the sysfs filesystem to gather information. The command prints all block devices (except RAM disks) in a tree-like format by default. Use lsblk --help to get a list of all available columns.

lsblk

1578668847849.png

Andy

Administrator
In the above images, I'm displaying a dedicated server with two hard drives. The two hard drives are sda and sdb. The sdb or second drive is set up to be accessed as /backup.

gerryvz

Here is my setup for my VPS running my forum.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.04.29 PM.jpg

sda is the main VPS drive, where my forum software is located. It is an 80GB drive, which is around 46% full.

sdd is a 75GB "block" storage drive, which I have configured & mounted so that all attachments (the XF /forums/internal_data/attachments folder) are stored there. It is much cheaper to add and mount a block storage drive to the filesystem than to purchase a VPS with a larger main storage drive. My sdd drive is around 67% full, and I can expand it "on the fly" to an almost unlimited capacity, when it gets full.

I use an "rsync" command about once a week to sync the contents of the /attachments/ folder to a back-up folder on my computer's hard drive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andy Main forum 0
Andy Server Information 6
Andy Server Information 0