• Welcome to XF2 Addons. All the XF2 addons located in the Resources area are available for download once you upgrade your account to Premium membership. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Premium membership costs only $35.00 USD a year. Once the year has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

Members map

Hi Andy,

I've installed the members map and linked the required API's, my question is with respect to the map size itself.

I can't seem to get it any larger than this, any advice please.

1555355037694.png

OK, I see what you mean, I was putting in 590 and 700 but then saw it said that the value is the used to subtract from inner window height. It determines the map overall height. I've reduced to 200 and it works well.

Now that the map is sorted and large enough, should the current members, albeit very few be automatically showing up or do i have to active something that shows members locations. ??

gerryvz

Members will begin showing up over time. However, after installing and enabling the add-on, you should run a MemberMap cron job to get things set up correctly. Make sure you have security settings on your browser set so that you can see content on the map -- I had this issue where my security for linked content on the browser was cranked down too tightly, and though I could see the map, I couldn't see pins on the map. Adjusting browser security re-enabled this. Check it with another browser if nothing is showing up on the map.

Members will begin showing up over time. However, after installing and enabling the add-on, you should run a MemberMap cron job to get things set up correctly. Make sure you have security settings on your browser set so that you can see content on the map -- I had this issue where my security for linked content on the browser was cranked down too tightly, and though I could see the map, I couldn't see pins on the map. Adjusting browser security re-enabled this. Check it with another browser if nothing is showing up on the map.

Thanks, it was after i ran the first cron that every thing is appearing.

hIBEES

Superb. Quick Q. Presume numbers are how many users? And why is there pins on the map? That have users name? Is that there correct location? I know Jack is on a cruise lol.

Cheers

Screenshot_20190510-192213_Chrome.jpg

gerryvz

Numbers are for users in that region. As you zoom in, individual pins will appear and numbers will go away. Pins on the map equal users. The add-on uses IP-based searching, which is not always 100% accurate, especially if logging in using a VPN, phones or other mechanisms that obfuscate IP addresses (and thus the user's location).