• Welcome to XF2 Addons

You can purchase a Premium membership for only $35 per year, and this gives you access to download any or ALL of the over 400 add-ons developed for Xenforo 2.x. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Once the Premium membership has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

Problem Installing Thread View Count

Installing this addon resulted in this error message

Capture.JPG

Looking at the server error log. I see this error

Capture1.JPG

This problem occurred on both of my testing forums. Also looking at the file directories, I do see a setup.php file in /src/addons/Andy/ThreadViewCount so I am not sure why there is a problem finding it.

Thank you for looking into it and letting me know what to do :)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I just downloaded it. It's there:

1512516273171.png

Please start all over again as something went wrong when you were copying the files to your server.

The file (setup.php) is on my server in the right place. I will upload all the files again and try to install it again. Let you know how it went.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that it's Setup.php not setup.php, the case is important.

I tried it again and same problem. Here is what I did if it helps

1. Deleted the plugin from the server by deleting the directory /src/addons/Andy/ThreadViewCount
  2. Download a fresh copy of the plugin from the resource page
  3. Unzip the file
  4. Uploaded the src directory to the forum root directory on the server without modification
  5. Try to install and the error comes up.

Also if it helps I copied the stack trace from the browser console

PHP:
An exception occurred: [Error] Class '\Andy\ThreadViewCount\Setup' not found in src/XF/AddOn/AddOn.php on line 452
#0 src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php(614): XF\AddOn\AddOn->checkRequirements(NULL, NULL)
#1 src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php(351): XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->getAddOnWarningsAndErrors(Object(XF\AddOn\AddOn))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AddOn', 'Install', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'listAddOns', Object(XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1879): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#7 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#8 {main}

One the first test forum I am using FileZilla for Windows over an normal secure FTP connection

On the second test forum I am using WinSCP for Windows over an SSH connection