• Welcome to XF2 Addons. All the XF2 addons located in the Resources area are available for download once you upgrade your account to Premium membership. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Premium membership costs only $35.00 USD a year. Once the year has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

[Quick Search] Blink on load

BassMan

It's annoying over time that Quick Search does load instantly. As I recall, it wasn't like that before...

Russ

What blink are you referring to? Can you see it on this forum? I've used the add-on since version 1.0 and haven't noticed any change and my OCD would certainly notice it right off :p.

Andy

Administrator
The content below the quick search is pushed down as the Quick search box is added.

Andy

Administrator
The reason the Quick search box is added after the main page is rendered is to prevent the user from adding a search word and clicking retern before the page is fully loaded. What happens is the return (AJAX code) is lost and you get no results.

Andy

Administrator
It was suggested that I add a spacer in place of the quick search, then replace the spacer with the quick search box. Not sure if that's possible without the contents below moving as I remove and add these elements.

BassMan

Yes, not sure about adding a blank space. Maybe you can load it at once and add some kind of delay when user can click the input field. Meanwhile when the input field is not clickable you can add some "Loading quick search..." phrase.

Well, not sure if possible all that. Just an idea.