• Welcome to XF2 Addons. You can buy my Premium membership for $35 per year, and this gives you access to download any or ALL of the 250+ add-ons that I have developed for Xenforo 2.x. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Once the Premium membership has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

Recommended Way To Upgrade Plugins From XF1 to XF2

sip

Sorry if this has been asked before.
What would be the recommended way to upgrade your XF1 plugins to XF2?

Upgrade XF1 --> XF2
Install upgrade your plugins on XF2
Delete all your XF1 Plugins.

Or, is there some other recommendations.

TIA

Andy

Administrator
If the XF1 add-on does not have any database changes, you can safely uninstall them after you have upgraded to XF2.

Here is a list of add-ons which have database name changes:

Banner
Calendar
Change Limit
History
Robots
RSS feed
Rsvp
Trader
User Agent

If you don't care to retain any information the add-on created, then please uninstall these add-ons on your XF1 installation before upgrading to XF2.

Some add-ons like the Banner add-on for example, you might like to save the admin data (done manually via copy/paste) into a text file so you can easily restore into the new XF2 version of the add-on.

Other add-ons like the Calendar and Trader add-on have important information you might wish to keep, please contact me for instructions on how to do that.

sip

If you don't care to retain any information the add-on created, then please uninstall these add-ons on your XF1 installation before upgrading to XF2.
Thanks.
I am not using any of these add ons.
So, for others, I presume that I can uninstall before upgrade to XF2.

Andy

Administrator
I presume that I can uninstall before upgrade to XF2
Correct, you could without any issue. The other alternative is to uninstall after you upgrade to XF2. Of course some add-ons have a upgrade path so if you install those XF2 add-ons and it matches a XF1, you can simply upgrade that add-on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andy Main Forum 1
A Main Forum 4
Andy Main Forum 0
I Main Forum 4
Andy Main Forum 1