• Welcome to XF2 Addons. All the XF2 addons located in the Resources area are available for download once you upgrade your account to Premium membership. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Premium membership costs only $35.00 USD a year. Once the year has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

Suggestion for RSVP

Another suggestion, and option of where to put the rsvp would be nice, to me.. Having an event with many attendees they have to page down to get to the first post that is the actual event info. It would be nice to have the rsvp show up after that 1st post in the thread. Maybe an option for top of every page as it is now or just after 1st post of thread?

One thing that might be easier is to make it collapsible... with a header that had the total count, then + to see the details and - to collapse.

Understood, was just thinking the default would always be a collapse view but still have the register button, that way it doesn't overpower the actual event post if there are many participants. Your call.

1539702549242.png

ACL

Perhaps the RSVP attending list could implement the "Click to expand" behaviour that XenForo already applies to quoted posts?

The template bb_code_tag_quote might be worth a look.

Something like:
xenforo-2-andyb-rsvp-addon-expand-mock-based-on-quotes.jpg

I do prefer the new RSVP position for your XenForo 2 addon (above first post) over the original (within first post) but I can see the argument when RSVP guest lists are really long, too. :)

Andy

Administrator
Thank you for your suggestion, ACL. I tried implementing the "Click to expand" template code, but it didn't work.

Tourmeister

Understood, was just thinking the default would always be a collapse view but still have the register button, that way it doesn't overpower the actual event post if there are many participants. Your call.

1539702549242.png
Keep in mind I have no clue about the difficulty of coding things... :p

Maybe just have something like "Click here to see RSVP list" and that opens to a new page?

Or, perhaps it could be a single line, kind of like the default new thread block at the top of thread lists, where people could add themselves but not show the whole list unless they click a link like I mention above? That way, there is still something there at the top of the thread that they will see but it is not so big compared to a full list, but they can still see the full list by clicking the link to a new page.

I REALLY like this add-on, but like Joe, I think it would be nice to have a way to keep it from dominating the top of the thread. It is especially bad in responsive view.

It shouldn't take more than... oh... 20 minutes.. right? :D