• Welcome to XF2 Addons. All the XF2 addons located in the Resources area are available for download once you upgrade your account to Premium membership. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Premium membership costs only $35.00 USD a year. Once the year has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

[Suggestion] Tag manager (in ACP)

Nik

Quick suggestion. Managing XF 2 tags in the backend (ACP) is absolute torture, there's no bulk remove, bulk select, bulk merge. A neat little addon to address this would go a long way.

Basic feature set:
1. Multi-select tags
2. Bulk delete
3. Bulk merge
4. Maybe some additional sorting but above would be critical

Nik

I find very few forums using tags.
True but it's baked into xf so gets used whether you like it or not. For my purpose it's mostly spam as the XF spam cleaner doesn't remove spam tags and there's no easy way to bulk delete them.

Nik

You can disable tag here:

Admin -> Setup -> Options -> Content tagging -> Enable content tagging
Thanks yes you're right. At the same time this is a suggestion, I prefer not to disable tags at this stage but managing them on the backend is an arduous process particularly as they're often used by spammers. Only one other addon I know of does this and that's the Tag Manager (Xon) which is a much larger/premium addon that does a number of other things.

Andy

Administrator
I prefer not to disable tags at this stage but managing them on the backend is an arduous process particularly as they're often used by spammers
Perhaps figuring out a way to prevent spammers from registering would be the best solution. What is the forum about?