Suggestions for the "Quick search" add-on

Sbenny

Hi,

I'm unsure if it's just me, but the column "Thread starter" is empty if the search is performed from the forum index.

What I wanted to suggest is having the possibility to remove the style="width:300px" or have a checkbox to toggle it. I personally find it to look nicer if the width is set to 100% by default, but this way each of us can set his preferences, without being forced to have a static width (300px) or a responsive-only search bar.

Also, I would appreciate to have a setting to define the time-span to search a thread for. I think I read that this add-on searches only for "new" threads, what about having the possibility to define how exactly "new" would count threads? (older than X days)

Last but not least, I'm not sure if it's intentional, but quick search in threads only searches for the thread itself, what I would like is to have it behave as usual, making people look for threads, and not for posts inside that given thread.

Thanks for reading.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm unsure if it's just me, but the column "Thread starter" is empty if the search is performed from the forum index.

Can I get a link to your forum to see the issue.

Also, I would appreciate to have a setting to define the time-span to search a thread for. I think I read that this add-on searches only for "new" threads, what about having the possibility to define how exactly "new" would count threads? (older than X days)

It's important to keep the quick search simple, so I won't be adding such features.

Last but not least, I'm not sure if it's intentional, but quick search in threads only searches for the thread itself, what I would like is to have it behave as usual, making people look for threads, and not for posts inside that given thread.

I think changing the quick search to search for thread titles would be more useful, often I was expecting that behavior only to find it was searching for message content within the thread.