• Welcome to XF2 Addons. All the XF2 addons located in the Resources area are available for download once you upgrade your account to Premium membership. In addition, Premium members will get technical support. Premium membership costs only $25.00 USD a year. Once the year has expired you can continue to use the installed addons on your forum as long as you like.

Understanding & setting up AdSense Auto ads

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Full screen (forum list)

Ad is placed between the main navigation bar and the sub navigation bar.

1523721084322.png

Sushubh

In my experience, auto ads work very well with the default xf2 theme. But can get messed up on third party themes like UI.X2 which is what I am using. But the entire implementation is pretty amazing especially on mobile devices. Google gets the color theme and layouts very well. Great product for people who do not want to insert ad codes manually.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
In my experience, auto ads work very well with the default xf2 theme.
In post #2 above you can see the Default Style and how Auto ads inserted in between the navigation. This is very bad as it makes using the forum more difficult and confusing.

I also noticed often a space is carved out for the ad and then never inserted.

Sushubh

it does experiment a lot with time and eventually finds a nice balance.
also the ads are not placed in all page loads for me. google seems to be doing a lot of machine learning for this particular product. it keeps on changing on a regular basis.
sometimes they just end up breaking the layout of the page when an ad is placed between wrong divs.
with wordpress, they are pretty amazing. forum layouts are a lot more complicated.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
it does experiment a lot with time and eventually finds a nice balance.
Perhaps the biggest issue is the ads are placed on many pages that have few visits, this results in aggravating the member who will end up using an adblock. I think it's best to place ads minimally in specific locations.