Weekly Digest emails are not sending according to IST time stamp.

traderji

Hi,

I am using weekly digest addon. I have changed server time stamp from UTC to IST and set email sending time to Saturday & "Run at hours" 13. But it still sending emails around Saturday 6.30 PM.
Could you please let me know what else is need be change more here to send weekly email at Saturday 1 o'clock?

traderji

I want to send email Saturday 1 PM IST but it is sending at Saturday 6.30 PM. I have congured in this same way in cron job setting of weekly digest [see in attached screenshot].

I was thought that this might be the issue of server timestamp, So I have checked timestamp at my server and this was set to UTC before but I have changed it to IST. But still the weekly emails are sending at 6.30 PM instead of 1 PM IST.

Let me know if still you have any confusion so I can explain you.

Selection_352.png

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Dealing with server times can be difficult.

One thing you can do is create a simple script to see what time is read by the cron.

1) Create a file called test.php and put it on your web root.
2) Add the following code:

Code:
<?php
echo time();

What time does it show, UTC or local time?

traderji

Hi,

I have added this following code in test.php file
PHP:
<?php
$t=time();
echo($t . "<br>");
echo(date("D M j G:i:s T Y",$t));

And found that it is in correct IST format. See the output below
Code:
Tue Jun 5 7:17:18 IST 2018

Don't know where it still sending emails at wrong time.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
So your server is set at UTC and the any cron entries you set in XenForo need to be adjusted for UTC.

traderji

Sorry, I have not seen you response as I was on leave.

I have crosschecked the server time, and the locatime at server is showing IST only [attached screen]. For now I have created another cronjob instance by setting time to 5.30 hrs before.
Don't know why this ishappening. I have another server with cronjobs with IST timezone.

Selection_354.png