Weekly Digest: make it list most recent?

djbaxter

The weekly digest currently lists most popular threads.

I need it to list most recent, specifically so it can feature a major advertiser's latest content.

Can the default list be changed? Can that feature be added?

djbaxter

Most recent threads instead of most popular threads. Selected by thread start date not # views or # replies.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Most recent threads instead of most popular threads. Selected by thread start date not # views or # replies.

One thing you could do is sort by forum title (it's an option in the Options page), that way if you place advertising threads in a specific forum they will be grouped that way. You can make Advertising show first.

djbaxter

Except his articles, while read, don't get enough replies to ever be most popular. He's not even on the list. I'm sure the owner would pay for a custom version of this but it's absolutely essential for her that she get most recent topics. The advertiser posts a new article late Tuesday or early Wednesday and the digest goes out Wednesday morning at 11:30 am oso most recent would be sure to include his article.

This is her best advertiser so it's essential we keep him happy.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
So why not put his articles into a forum title of "Articles" and sort by forum title. That way his threads would show first.

djbaxter

I don't want to change the name of his forum much but if I made it ** Existing Forum Title ** would that get him listed first?

djbaxter

Yes it did - sent a test email to myself.

And since it's an advertiser, having asterisks in the forum title doesn't hurt to draw a bit more attention to his threads.

Thanks, Andy. :)